Monday, July 21, 2008

Bob_tiger attempts a new challenge

Time to attempt a new challenge eh? You may wonder what type of challenge I will be attempting, well hold your horses, I will tell ya. This challenge will be a little harder than my last one but I think I can do it. I will be attempting to run $25 to $10,000 by using proper bank roll management and the rules I have set up for myself. The rules will be fairly similar like for my last challenge so here they are.

Right now I'm allowed to play any $1 sng/mtt
60> I'm allowed to play any $2 sng/mtt
150> I'm allowed to play any $3.30 sng/mtt
300>I'm allowed to play any $5.50mtt and any $5.50-$6.50 sng
600>I'm allowed to play any 11$ sng/mtt
at 1000 I'm allowed to play $26 sng up to 90 man. and any 11$ mtt.
2600>I'm allowed to play any $26 mtt
5500>I'm allowed to play any 55$ mtt and any sng up to $119
7500>I'm allowed to play any $75 mtt
10,000 I finished my challenge, and I'm allowed to cash out some $ and have some fun.
***I'm allowed to do any satelites my br allowes me to play higher buy ins, for example at 600$ I'm allowed to play 6$ and 8$ satelites for a 26$ token.***
I may also make few videos of some games I play, we will have to wait and see.


***After I'm over $1000, I must have 50 buy ins for sngs and 100 buy ins for mtts***
***Highest buy in sng I will play will be $119, so After I hit 6k, I will start playing those.***

I have no idea how long this will take, hopefully not very long, but we will see. Also I will start out by 12 tabling 1$ 9 man sngs, and will just keep updating my blog as I go, I guess. Reasons for doing this? Well I can sit here for hours and whine and tell you my bad beat stories but I find that to be a waste of time, basically I have bubbled many final tables while I was playing out of brm, I took 12th in 129$ KO tourney, I took 13th in 33$ 1rebuy1add-on tourney, I took 24th in 163$ 40k gtd tourney, and I'm sure there are more I can't think of right now, but basically I messed up in about 5-7 tourneys towards the end, I'm not sure why, maybe I was playing to aggresive, maybe not aggresive enough but I'm going to build back up and hopefully hit many final tables on the way. Also I feel like I need to work on my brm once again, since I have been slacking off quite a bit and by posting in here it really helps me, and keeps me motivated.

As for the goals I made last month,
>>> My main goal is to enjoy poker, which I usually do. (not so much towards the end of the month but hopefully we will change this soon)
>>> Get on SNG leaderboards. ( failed)
>>>Make one big ft in a nl hold em tourney. (yea took 8th in $55 1 rebuy 1 add-on tourney)
>>>Win another omaha h/l tourney. (yup did that)
>>> Try to make 3k profit or more. ( failed)
All of these goals sound very reasonable to me in my opinion and I think I can accomplish them all hopefully, but we will find out next month :).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

I find your strategy facinating. I like the idea of playing the limits that you have set, and setting them further apart as your bank roll grows seems to me to be a good idea. I may give this a go as well just to see how I do.
There is just one thing that leaves me wondering if you know what you are doing... Why so many tables at once? Surely this will minimize your ability to make the right decisions. Maybe 3 or 4 tables at a time instead?

Anonymous said...

GL Bob, I'll be around to follow your progress but I definitely think you can do it. You'll be back playing those big buy-in tourny's in no time at all. :D