Thursday, July 3, 2008

Here comes a new month

Well let's see, it's 4am in the morning and I'm still up which doesn't make a lot of sense to me but ok. Let's move on, Right now I'm waiting for my popcorn, weird how all of sudden at 4 am I want some pop corn but yea decided to update this and here I'm. The other night I once again happened to final table 26$ omaha h/l, this time I took 2nd for roughly 800$ or so. My hu opponent had to big of a stack for me to compete with him and he was a solid player, knew when to put pressure on me, and Before the final table I made a silly call after chasing a flush i believe, my bad call on the turn forced me to call the river which left me with 60k and then he just finished me off. I feel like I played pretty good considering I have made 2 top 2 finishes in 3 or 4 nights so thats always good.

Also today I happened to d/l the free trial of poker tracker 3, it seems really sweet and the HUD works really good, considering I happened to make couple of great plays at 100nl with it. I was just kind of messing around with it but he is what happened, I had Q2h on button folded to me, the sb was a really tight player his VP was at 6 ( VP basically stands for how loose/tight player is) so basically he was really tight, what u call a nit, so I figured I only had to worry about bb, who was at 31 vp i believe, so I raised to 3.50 he re raised me to 10, I was playing only one table and his re raising % was pretty high too dont remember what it was so I decided to get tricky and call. Flop came J 7 6 rainbow no heart if i remember correctly, he bets out 16$ after thinking about it I say to myself I know he missed this so i re raise him to 48$ i believe it was, and make it look like I'm protecting my "big" hand. he insta folds and i show my bluff, and whats even more funny is, next hand i get 88 someone raises to like 3.50 or 4 so i call. What was great about this is that i hit my 8 with 7 4 on flop a bit dangerous, but I knew he either had higher pp or two over cards, I didnt put him on 56 thats for sure from position he raised. So I bet 6.50 in to 10$ pot i believe, He calls me kind of fast. On turn the board pairs 4, he checks to me, I kind of slow down and check make it look like I was bluffing and I gave up on the hand so on river comes another 8, QUADS!!! BINGO!!! I'm thinking nice come on pay me off buddy, what does he to do, he bets pot 20-30$ it was i think, so i shove him all in, yea that was the bad part of this play i got 2 excited on the river, I should of made a min raise or a smaller raise but I'm still happy with 60$ pot or w/e it was.

Right now I'm about to go eat my popcorn and make a vid of me playing a couple of 3.30 90 mans so I'm gonna go. adios.

No comments: